There are a growing number of Australian Vanadium exploration companies. A mixture of new ASX listed vanadium companies and private vanadium companies have joined the industry.
Recent vanadium price increases has seen a rise in exploration, although few companies have advanced projects such as Vecco Group’s Debella Project.
The high grade Debella Vanadium Project is located north of Julia Creek in Queensland. Approximately 40km from Multicom Resources and Queensland Energy and Minerals deposits. Vecco Group has an optimised path as a near term producer with an expedited approvals process and low capital requirements.
Julia Creek Region – Queensland, Australia
The Julia Creek sedimentary vanadium formation is home to some of the largest deposits in the world.
- Vecco Group – Adjacent to Rio Tinto’s tenements, Vecco Group’s projects contain the highest grade deposit in the region with grades up to 0.80% V2O5 and the largest JORC Resources. The resource also contains Molybdenum with grades of 500ppm.
- Multicom Resources – Saint Elmo Vanadium Project is located 40km to the South of Vecco’s Debella Vanadium Project.
- Queensland Energy and Minerals (QEM) – Holds exploration tenements for its Julia Creek oil shale and vanadium project located to the south of Julia Creek, Queensland.
- Intermin Limited (ASX: IRC) –The project comprises four main vanadium and molybdenum areas in the Richmond and Julia Creek districts.
- Technology Metals Limited (ASX: TMT) – Technology Metals Gabanintha Vanadium Project is located near Meekatharra in Western Australia.
- Australian Vanadium Limited (ASX: AVL) – Gabanintha Vanadium Project consists of the Gabanintha V-Ti-Fe deposit.
- TNG Ltd (ASX: TNG) – Mount Peake Vanadium-Titanium-Iron Project, located near the Arunta Geological Province near Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.